Selasa, 30 April 2019

Problems With Pronouns

Memory treats people differently according to (their) personalities. For Jerry and (me) in smooths over the rocky spots of our past, and makes us feel as if (us) two have lived charmed lives. But it works differently for someone who expects things to go perfectly for (them) all the time. My parents are like that. Their friends and (them) are always complainning about how things ought to have been. Everyone in their crowd acts as if life has cheated (them). Mom and Dad even talked that way during the big anniversary party Jerry and (me) threw for his parents and (they).
I'm just the opposite. For instance, i can remember the face of someone who once loaned me (their) bike when i needed to get home fast for some emergency, but i can't remember what the emergency was all about. When people tell me (their) recollections of various events in my life. I'm always amazed at how my mind simply refuses to hold on to the unpleasant parts. But everybody  has (her) own memory quirks. If a person wants to keep all the facts of (their) life straight, (she) should keep a daily journal. Even then, what the person writes in a journal at the end of a day depends on (their) memory, which is already busy rearranging the details. Nobody can expect to control (her) memory completely. If i can't control mine, i'm glad it doles our pleasant images for me instead of the dismal kind my parents have to live with for the rest of (their) lives.

1. C
2. I the correct answer is "I"
3. C
4. C
5. C
6. C
7. I the correct answer is "I"
8. I the correct answer is "I"
9. C
10. C
11. I the correct answer is "their"
12. C
13. I the correct answer is "they"
14. C
15. I the correct answer is "their"
16. C

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

Film Summary Of Moana 2016

Moana   is the   animated   adventure fantasy   3D   computer   musical comedy , which tells the   adventures of   the main character   “ M...